Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to EngageSTC.
How do I sign up?
Creating an EngageSTC profile is quick and easy. Start by clicking the 'Sign Up' button and follow the instructions:
- Create a username.
- Your participation will appear under your chosen username.
- Create a password.
- Provide your email address, postal code and birth year.
- Check for a confirmation email.
- Return to the EngageSTC home screen to sign in.
How do I have my say?
Share your thoughts and feedback by signing in to EngageSTC and using the online options that are available for the projects and initiatives you are interested in.
You must be signed in to share your feedback through the EngageSTC online options.
I didn't have to sign in before to take City surveys. Why do I need to now?
EngageSTC is a new a way for you to learn about City projects and initiatives and share your feedback with us. Using profiles to participate on EngageSTC has many benefits:
- You can use EngageSTC anonymously. Your participation, including comments, will appear under your chosen username.
- It strengthens consultation results for us by minimizing the opportunity for an individual to posts multiple comments in favour of their position on a project of initiative.
- It allows us to keep you updated about the projects and initiatives that matter most to you.
Why should I use EngageSTC?
What you have to say matters to us. However, we know its not always easy to get the open house or public meeting relating to project or issue that's important to you. EngageSTC is an online tool that we can use to share information about City projects and initiatives and that you can use to share your feedback with us.
- Have your say your way - Use EngageSTC to learn about projects and initiatives and share your feedback with us when it's convenient for you.
- Use EngageSTC to keep up-to-date about the projects and initiatives that matter most to you
- Learn how other residents are feeling and view the feedback they are providing. Participate with your own views (please be respectful).
Can I use this site anonymously?
Yes, you can use EngageSTC anonymously. Your participation, including comments, will appear under your chosen username.
What happens to my feedback?
Survey and poll results, feedback, ideas, concerns and other input and data submitted through EngageSTC will be analyzed by relevant City of St. Catharines employees and used to inform recommendations and / or decision making.
Input and data collected online is used in collaboration with input collected through open houses, public meetings, workshops and other public engagement activities.
Is my privacy protected?
Your privacy is protected and the City will only use the email address you've provided as part of your EngageSTC profile to contact you with updates and to invite you to participate in consultations. Your email address will not be distributed to any third party or used for any other purpose.
Is the site moderated?
Yes. EngageSTC is moderated at all times to keep participants, site administrators, and third-parties safe from malicious, inflammatory and illegal materials. The website is moderated by a professional global moderation team from Bang the Table Pty Ltd in collaboration with City of St. Catharines.
All public facing contributions - that is, contributions that can be seen by other website users - and Usernames submitted to this website are moderated in accordance with our moderation rules. Contributions and Usernames that do not adhere to the moderation rules will be removed.